MUX Global Community
Sign in to follow this  
muonline

Are combo formulas changed?

Noticed that my bk deals more combo damage than intended. By supposed str*1.3 +maxhp/55 it comes out as 33900+-, but everywhere in the game I deal more than that for seemingly no reason.  Recorded two videos where I combo different classes. 39k against elf, 44k against bk and 40k against mg. My guild buff is small and insignificant so that still doesn't explain those different numbers. For elf and mg, I don't even break their defense so it's 100% from combo and only 100 or less damage from third skill, against bk you can see my crit for 1025, but even that is still tiny and can't explain that sudden 44k combo. Am I seeing those secret character balance modifiers for every class that are different on every server? If so, why do they even apply to combo that is supposed to deal the same true damage everywhere and be easily calculated? 

• Like 1

Formulas didn't change. Secret class-class damage formulas are the same for all servers. I'm not sure that combo damage is supposed to be 100% true damage.

This answer doesn't sit right with me but at least you confirmed it's the same on all servers so I went ahead and abused your free character program on extreme.

I started with full vitality and 10k str and added extra 1k str twice, both times it added extra 1300 damage, exactly as it's supposed to so formula is working correctly. With 12028 str and full vit it came together as 15636+6005=21641 damage from formulas. Now what I got: all targets have full agi and vit.

BASE: 21641

ELF: 28293

SM: 28308

DL: 28303

MG: 28303

BK: 31585

BK is a clear outlier, but everything else is pretty much the same number within margin of error (I also do zero damage to all of them, difference is tiny). Next I added another 10k to str which is supposed to add extra 13000 damage to combo. I checked only BK and ELF since there would be no point in testing others anymore. 

BASE: 34,641

BK: 44630

ELF: 41293

Basically it shows that BK combo roughly deals extra 10000 against BK and extra 6666 against everyone else so it's the magic number I was looking for. Then I changed stats again to figure out if it is constant or not, and it isn't. Basically damage taken from combo also adds roughly 10% of your max health before buffs. That is the reason why BK takes more since they get 3 health per vitality instead of 2 like every other class. 

TOO LONG DIDN'T READ: combo damage is from formula+ third skill+ 10% of target's max hp (base amount without any hp buffs)

Edited by muonline
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:06 AM, muonline said:

This answer doesn't sit right with me but at least you confirmed it's the same on all servers so I went ahead and abused your free character program on extreme.

I started with full vitality and 10k str and added extra 1k str twice, both times it added extra 1300 damage, exactly as it's supposed to so formula is working correctly. With 12028 str and full vit it came together as 15636+6005=21641 damage from formulas. Now what I got: all targets have full agi and vit.

BASE: 21641

ELF: 28293

SM: 28308

DL: 28303

MG: 28303

BK: 31585

BK is a clear outlier, but everything else is pretty much the same number within margin of error (I also do zero damage to all of them, difference is tiny). Next I added another 10k to str which is supposed to add extra 13000 damage to combo. I checked only BK and ELF since there would be no point in testing others anymore. 

BASE: 34,641

BK: 44630

ELF: 41293

Basically it shows that BK combo roughly deals extra 10000 against BK and extra 6666 against everyone else so it's the magic number I was looking for. Then I changed stats again to figure out if it is constant or not, and it isn't. Basically damage taken from combo also adds roughly 10% of your max health before buffs. That is the reason why BK takes more since they get 3 health per vitality instead of 2 like every other class. 

TOO LONG DIDN'T READ: combo damage is from formula+ third skill+ 10% of target's max hp (base amount without any hp buffs)

Oh, totally forgot about that. Update 02.09.2015:  https://forum.bless.gs/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=37003

При использовании комбо теперь наносится дополнительный урон равный 10% от максимального здоровья персонажа (было от текущего). На монстров данный эффект не действует. Время между скилами, в которое нужно уложиться для выполнения комбо по-прежнему 6 секунд.