MUX Global Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaun

After game hangs - files become corrupted.

So it usually happens when I afk from game or when I'm doing something else and game is hidden on Start taskbar. Game crashes(process hangs) and after that you have to reinstall in order for it to work. Looks like some game files become damaged when game crashes. 

Just error while you try to start up game(launcher works)
Data\World74\EncTerrain74.obj file corrupted.

Laptop on Win10, strong enough to pull few Visial Studios debugging at the same time with SSD.

X - where my laptop information would be, I will disclose all log files to developers ofc

Nothing in Main_error.log

From Event Viewer, applications:

The program main.exe version 1.3.25.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 3430
 Start Time: 01d45fb96cfa8f32
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: X
 Report Id: ce194d96-bfba-49a5-ba9b-36934a351d88
 Faulting package full name:
 Faulting package-relative application ID:

Log after file/s become corrupted, from Mu_error.log:

###### Log Begin ######
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mu online 1.03y (Jpn) executed. (1.3.25.0)
2018/10/09 12:18
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<System information>
X
Direct-X         : Direct-X 9.0
> To read config.ini.
> gg init success.
> Enum display settings.
> Screen size = 800 x 600.
> Start window success.
> OpenGL init success.
<OpenGL information>
X
<Sound card information>
X
> gg connect Window Handle.
<IME information>
IME Name        :
IME File Name        :
Keyboard type        : 00000415
Ŕε¦˝ş¸¦ °řŔŻÇĎ°ĹłŞ DeleteľřŔĚ »çżëÇĎż´Ŕ˝Data\Effect\Shiny04.jpg(0x00007D76)->Data\Effect\Shiny05.jpg
Ŕε¦˝ş¸¦ °řŔŻÇĎ°ĹłŞ DeleteľřŔĚ »çżëÇĎż´Ŕ˝Data\Interface\newui_item_back01.tga(0x00007A73)->Data\Interface\newui_item_back04.tga
Ŕε¦˝ş¸¦ °řŔŻÇĎ°ĹłŞ DeleteľřŔĚ »çżëÇĎż´Ŕ˝Data\Interface\newui_item_back04.tga(0x00007A73)->Data\Interface\newui_item_back01.tga
> Loading ok.
Data\World74\EncTerrain74.obj file corrupted.

I had the same problem with my old laptop with Intel HD graphics. I never found a solution, bought a new laptop it solved the problem.

Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows Security -> Virus and threat protection -> Virus & threat protection settings -> Add or remove exclusions -> Choose game folder.

When reinstall the game, try it first. 

• Thanks 1

Turned off windows 10 pesky defender, added exclusion to my current anti-virus and seems like problem is solved. Windows 10 defender was a problem it seems or you guys thrown patch I didn't see? I guess we can close this.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:40 AM, Pharaun said:

Turned off windows 10 pesky defender, added exclusion to my current anti-virus and seems like problem is solved. Windows 10 defender was a problem it seems or you guys thrown patch I didn't see? I guess we can close this.

When patch was released, there wasn't any problems. 

Made a guide for this situations. 

Closed

• Thanks 1